I am paying close attention to any Coronavirus (COVID-19) developments and have heard concerns from many constituents about this current public health situation. It is extremely important East Tennesseans are kept up to date with federal, state, and local responses and the available resources. During this time, please look out for one another and take the necessary steps to keep yourself and others healthy.
On this page you will find frequently updated links, information, and guidance about the recent outbreak of Coronavirus. Please check them often to stay up to date on any further Coronavirus developments. Additioanlly, you can visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention official coronavirus website for more information.
Best tips for preventing contraction of COVID-19:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and warm water
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, and nose
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Stay home from work or social events if you feel ill
You can also visit the CDC's prevention website for additional guidance.
Everyone should practice social distancing:
- Avoiding public gatherings is key to preventing the spread of COVID-19
- Social gatherings should be limited to 10 people
- Cover you mouth and nose with a close face cover when around others
- Do not take unnecessary trips or vacations
- Go out to meet your basic needs, such as grocery shopping, but not go out to socialize at bars or restaurants
- Telework from home if you are able
- Do not visit nursing homes, retirement facilities, hospitals, or other places with elderly folks or those who are at-risk of getting sick
- If you have children who are sick, keep them at home and do not send them to school
- Wear a cloth face covering when social distancing is not possible
More guidance from the CDC about social distancing can be found on the CDC's official website.
Centers for Disease Control Background Resources:
Travel Updates and Advisories:
Tennessee Department of Health and Local Resources:
Tennessee Coronavirus Public Information Line: 1-877-857-2945
Tennessee Department of Health: 615-741-7247
East Tennessee Regional Health Department: 865-546-9221
Knox County Health Department: 865-215-5000
Blount County Health Department: 865-983-4582
Loudon County Health Department: 865-458-2514
Jefferson County Health Department: 865-397-3930
Grainger County Health Department: 865-828-5247
Claiborne County Health Department: 423-626-4291
Campbell County Health Department: 423-562-8351